OUR MISSIONThe mission of Alyssa's Angels is to do work that reflects the spirit of giving to and caring for others, which was so important to Alyssa Rose Bruno. Funds that are generated will be used to support projects that will directly benefit the most disadvantaged and needy children in the Rochester area. These projects will focus on children who are:
- Victims of abuse and/or neglect
- Experiencing serious medical, behavioral or emotional problems
- Lacking in family or other community supports
Alyssa's Angel 2016 Holiday Gift Project
The Alyssa’s Angels annual holiday gift project helps local children and families in need during the holiday season. Every year, five worthy non-profit organizations are selected, and Alyssa’s Angels donates $500 to each.
In an effort for the program to have a greater impact and help even more Rochester area children and families; Alyssa’s Angels reached out for partner organizations from the community to match its $500 donation. Through this effort, each of the five selected non-profit organizations receives $1,000.
The agencies that Alyssa’s Angels selected to support this year and the respective co-sponsors for each are:
Non-profit: Wilson Commencement Park -- Co-sponsor: Gates Automotive Center
Non-profit: Willow Domestic Violence Center -- Co-sponsor: Rochester Police Locust Club
Non-profit: Bikers Against Child Abuse -- Co-sponsor: Federation of Social Workers
Non-profit: Saint Peter's Kitchen -- Co-sponsors: Modica Law Firm
Non-profit: Daystar for Medically Fragile Children -- Co-sponsor: Alan Roides of WebTitle Agency
Alyssa's Angels is tremendously grateful for the generous donation made by the members of PEF in support of our efforts to help children and families in need.
Read the article
All of us at Alyssa's Angels are extremely grateful to Tom Bell, Michelle Alaimo and everyone at Bosco's Bar & Restaurant for sponsoring the very successful Pig Roast fundraiser, which was held on August 21st. Thank you for your efforts to support us as we help children and families in need in our community!
Thanks to the Federation of Social Workers and to everyone who supported this year's golf tournament! We had a beautiful day and it was a very successful event. Our deep appreciation to everyone who played, sponsored or donated a prize.
The Bruno family and the Board of Directors of Alyssa's Angels would like to express our deepest appreciation to Lorrie and Steve Modica for their exceptionally generous donation to our organization. Their tremendous level of support will allow us to provide assistance to many more disadvantaged children and families in our community. Thank you, Lorrie and Steve!
- Federation of Social Workers Our members are dedicated human service professionals who are both caring and committed to the entire community. Their tireless efforts at their jobs, and also as volunteers supporting many local charities, have improved the quality of life for everyone in Monroe County.
- Christopher's Challenge The Purpose of Christopher's Challenge is to pay for the typing of samples for individuals willing to become potential donors through the National Marrow Donor Program.