- Alyssa's Angels served as the sponsoring organization for Monroe County Children's Center as recipients for a $1000 grant from the Youth As Resources Grant Projects. The money was used to purchase winter hats, mittens,
coats and blankets for youth of Monroe County that are less fortunate. The youth from Monroe County Children's Center partnered with youth from the Webster Avenue Recreation Center to help distribute the clothes for
the winter months.
- Alyssa's Angels completed a renovation of a visitation room with Monroe County Department of Human Services. The changes to the room included painting, new cabinets, new furniture, changing table, family friendly wall
d'cor and plenty of books/games/toys for the children. The room also contains a painted logo of Alyssa's Angels and a plaque with the scripted phrase 'angels have no philosophy but love'. The room is used to strengthen
relationships between children, parents and siblings.
- For the second year in a row, Alyssa's Angels was able to provide Monroe County Children's Center with help at Christmas time. Assistance from Alyssa's Angels allowed the staff to purchase gifts for over 40
youth who resided at the center.
- Alyssa's Angels joined forces with local Girl Scout Brownie Troop 662 to donate $500, a microwave, children's toys, books, and games to the Society for the Protection and Care of Children
- $500 and proceeds from a bake sale in December were donated to children at the Monroe County Children's Center. This allowed employees from the MCCC to purchase Christmas gifts for the children there.
- An 11 year old girl has experienced multiple relapses with leukemia and is currently undergoing chemo treatment. The girl has been working with a music therapist and taken a liking to playing the
keyboards with the therapist. Alyssa's Angels purchased a new keyboard for the girl so she can play and practice when ever she wants.
- A 13 year old child with cerebral palsy and mental retardation recently moved to the Rochester area with family to escape war in there native country. While the family waited for additional supports, they were
provided with a Walmart gift card to buy food and other basic need items.
- A young girl with Rhett's Syndrome has trouble communicating. She has recently made significant progress in communicating through a touch computer screen. Alyssa's Angels made a donation to the family to purchase
their computer screen so the young girl can make further advancements in her progress.
- An 11 year old boy from the Greater Rochester experienced a high fever while on vacation and was diagnosed with high risk ALL. The child was airlifted back to Strong. The boy's family travels to the hospital
several times weekly for numerous treatments. The family was in need of assistance and a car payment was made by Alyssa's Angels.
- An 11 year old girl was recently diagnosed with a brain tumor, Juvenile Pilocytic Astrocytoma. The girl's siblings also have medical issues and it has been difficult for the mother to provide basic needs
for her children. A Walmart gift card was provided to buy new clothing for the children.
- A Wegman's gift card provided to the family of a 5 year old girl battling brain stem glioma. The family has recently moved to the area for treatment and requires assistance with basic needs.
- A Wal-Mart gift card was provided to the family of a 5 month old boy who was born a 'preemie' at 25 weeks. The young boy has needed numerous surgeries. The family has missed work caring for their son and
- A 13 year old girl was diagnosed with Lupus has had numerous infections and requires frequent hospital visits. The family was provided with a Wal-Mart gift card to assist with food and clothing.
- A young 18 year old girl has had numerous complications from sickle cell anemia. After multiple hospitalizations, Alyssa's Angels provided assistance by paying medical bills.
- A young girl underwent brain surgery to remove a cyst from her pituitary gland. Her mother stopped working to care for her daughter and assistance was needed for diapers, formula and basic needs. A Wal-Mart
gift card was provided to help out the family in a difficult time.
- A 4 year old boy w/sickle cell required extensive rehabilitation. To help alleviate financial burdens, Alyssa's Angels paid for the RGE bill.
- A 5 year old girl from Rochester was diagnosed with cancer and required specific treatments from Boston. The family was provided with gas cards to help alleviate travel costs.
- A 3 year old boy received numerous radiation and chemo treatments after a sudden diagnosis of a Wilms Tumor. Alyssa's Angels paid for the security deposit as the family moved into an apartment with better
- A 12 year old girl was diagnosed with Leukemia. The family was provided with a Wal-Mart gift card to cover costs for household needs. A Regal Package was also provided so the young girls could go to the
movies with her friends.
- Two young children were both diagnosed with Sickle Cell Anemia. The children's mother was also out of work herself due to health problems. Alyssa's Angels assisted the family by paying for the RGE bill.
- A 15 year old girl was diagnosed with Metastatic Ewing Sarcoma. As family struggled caring for the child, financial assistance was provided to help pay for the mortgage.
- A young boy was diagnosed with Reynaud's Disease. An RGE bill was paid for by Alyssa's Angels to help alleviate financial burdens.
- A young boy was born premature and required extensive hospitalizations. As the family struggled financially, a Wal-Mart gift card was provided to buy winter clothing for 4 siblings in the household.
- A Wegman's gift card was provided to the family of an 18 year old girl who was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. The card assisted the family in buying basic needs.
- A 14 year old girl was diagnosed with cancer and the family stopped working to provide care for their daughter. Alyssa's Angels provided a Wegman's gift card to the family. A Regal package was also provided so
the young girl and friends could go to the movies.
- A 2 year old boy was diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder. The family was provided with financial assistance to help pay for mounting medical bills.
- A young 4 year old boy required specialized surgery in NYC. Alyssa's Angels paid for an airplane ticket to assist the father with travel.
- A 4 year old boy was diagnosed with Global Developmental Delays. After the family struggled with his care, A Wal-Mart gift card was provided to assist with basic needs.
- A 2 year old boy required open heart surgery and numerous follow up trips to the hospital for care. The parents missed many days of work to care for their son. Alyssa's Angels provided assistance to
the family by taking care of a car payment for them.
- A 4-year old boy with Leukemia being raised by a single dad, who also cares for his other son who is 6 years old.
- A baby with Down syndrome, cardiac anomalies and has a trach and is on a home ventilator.
- A 1-year old girl diagnosed with Spinal Muscular Dystrophy – Type 1. This is a terminal diagnosis and she is now paralyzed from her neck down.
- A 6-week old girl with Hydraencephaly (born without most of her brain), who was expected to die at birth.
- A boy who has systemic scleroderma and is in significant chronic pain. He is seen at Georgetown University by a national expert every 3-4 months.
- A 5-year old girl with leukemia who is in her second year of treatment.